Get Help for Auto Accidents in Reno, NV
Have you suffered from a personal injury? If so, you’re not alone. Turn to the Law Firm of Herb Santos, Jr. for legal help with your claim. My Reno, NV, law firm focuses on personal injury law.
There are many types of situations in which a person sustains an injury due to some other party’s careless or reckless conduct. I have represented injured people in many different types of claims. Some of the common claims resulted from the following list of areas:
Automobile Accidents, Work Related Injuries, Nursing Home Negligence, Defective Products, Wrongful Death, Big Rig Accidents, Bicycle Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Burn Injuries, Brain Injuries, Spinal Injuries, Negligent Security, Dog Bite Claims, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims, Slip and Fall Accidents.
What should you do if you are injured? Here is my short list of 7 recommended actions to take if you are injured.
- If you are injured, seek medical treatment immediately. Do not wait hoping you will feel better in a few days. Get appropriate evaluation from a qualified health care provider.
- If you are physically able to do so, write down as much as you can about the accident itself. Make notes of any conversations you have with people involved in the accident.
- If you can, take pictures of the area where you were injured.
- If you are in an automobile accident, call the police to come to investigate the accident.
- If you were injured on someone’s premises and there appears to be video surveillance, request to make a written report of the claim and specifically request in the incident report that you request that the owner of the premises preserve a copy of the surveillance tape for a period of at least 2 hours before the incident to 2 hours after the incident.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any potential witness to the accident
- Call my office as soon as possible to set an appointment with me personally so that I can utilize my experience to help you.
I answer a lot of questions regarding personal injury claims in my law practice. Some of the common questions and my answers are:
How much is my claim worth?
The answer comes down to “damages.” My job is to help evaluate and determine what your injuries have cost you monetarily, physically, and mentally. In addition, consideration is given as to whether the defendant’s conduct should be punished, resulting in punitive damages.
How long do I have to resolve the case?
In Nevada, there are certain rules which give various deadlines depending on the type of claim. It is imperative that you consult with an attorney to determine which deadline rule applies to your case. In some circumstances, failure to comply with the deadline can result in a permanent bar to any recovery.
How much will it cost me to hire an attorney?
At my office I work on a contingency fee basis. What that means is that the attorney’s fee is conditioned on whether there is a recovery. No recovery, no attorney’s fee from my office. I also advance the costs [filing fees, medical records copy charges from medical providers, etc.] These costs are in addition to the attorney’s fee.
How is a case settled with the insurance company?
There are numerous ways to settle a claim. A claim can be settled without litigation by way of a demand package. A lawsuit can be filed with a resulting jury or bench trial. A claim can be mediated or arbitrated. Each has its own pros and cons. I will review all options with you to determine what is best for you and your family.
Remember, help is only a phone call away. Call me at 775-323-5200 for a free, personal consultation.